Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Day 23: GRE Vocabulary, Success Journal, Kick-Boxing, Balance of life

Learning new words has been something I never enjoyed. The idea of having to write a vocabulary, and memorize words always irritated me. However, it seems like my new technique is working. I downloaded magoosh flashcards free application and set a goal of at least to learn 10 words a day. It has been a month now and I am almost 250 words in. Learning these words literally felt effortless. Now every morning alongside with 10 new words I revise 1 chapter of 50 words not to forget what I ve learned earlier. Once things turn into a habit u kind of enjoy them  more. It is a fun activity for me and gives me quick sense of accomplishment when i tick done on my success journal after completing the task.

It has been at least 23 days that I have been reading, training, learning and writing consequently. Recently I have started a success journal and album of dreams which seem to be very helpful. Keeping track of your achievements allow you to have a clearer vision about your goals and to stay focused more.

My simple(most boring) weekday routine is: 1) I wake up, go to work, read on the way to work, 2) train during lunch time  3)finish work and meet with friends 4) come back home, read on the way back home, write and plan the next day, watch you-tube and go to bed. Every now and then I'd add couple of events to attend that would get me out of usual routine. Last night I revised my daily activity once again and realized that there is something I've been postponing for a while now. The thing is that I have always loved training martial arts. I've been a wrestler since childhood and when I look back to my Masters years in London one of the most memorable moments were the ones connected with my Thai boxing training. I asked myself this question of what is preventing me to get back into training? couple of excuses popped up immediately like the gym is too far, i dont have a car, i am too tired after work and etc. But i made a snap decision called the coach, who turns out to be a friend of mine- national champ of kick-boxing and enrolled to his class immediately. My first class starts Thursday this week and I am very excited about it. :) Big shout out to Joe Rogan as his podcast was what inspired me to get my ass off and enjoy the heck out of training. He says: Success in sports leads to success in life and no matter how old, where and in what condition you are you should make time to go to the gym and train your craft every day. His schedule is so busy and if he gets time to train daily bjj or boxing, I sure can do the same also.


Tai Lopez says one should divide his life into four areas: Health, Wealth , Love and Happiness. Once you have the balance of all these 4 areas you will be able to be truly successful. I do agree that in order to have a complete life one should focus on improving all these areas. So here is my monthly plan:

Health wise: I currently train 5x a week 1 hour during lunchtime. +Kickboxing training 3x a week
Wealth: Be more mindful during the work-hours and focus on accomplishments.
Love/Relationships: Build healthier relationships with the right people. Be very careful choosing who you let into your life.
Happiness: Don't forget to rest enjoy life, weekends hangout with friends go out clubbing, travel the world and etc.

Enjoy your day and dont forget to work on your life/goals/dreams. See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 23: GRE Vocabulary, Success Journal, Kick-Boxing, Balance of life

Learning new words has been something I never enjoyed. The idea of having to write a vocabulary, and memorize words always irritated me. How...