Monday, October 7, 2019

Day 20: Making Life interesting

Last couple of days have been filled with joyful, cheerful, and hopeful emotions. Maybe it was partly because of the birthday I celebrated on October 6. To be honest, I've never been a "birthday boy". It feels almost unusual to me when people around try to make me feel special just because I was born on that day. :) However, It sure is amazing to see your friends and family do their best to make you happy and feel good. Not even to mention the birthday discounts u get at the restaurants when u tell em its your birthday.

I think it is not just the birthday positivity that keeps rolling right now. I have learned an important lesson last week. It is first and foremost " To enjoy Life". Sounds simple right? Well, you can have all the money and fame in the world, if your life sucks and your state is not at its best I believe you are as good as Broke at that time.

The rule here is to "do things that you Enjoy" or "do the things the way you enjoy doing them". I mean when you have liberty to choose even your ordinary 9-5 can be as fun as going out with friends.

The problem with my approach was I was taking things too serious and obsessing over them. I was trying to solve many things as if they are a math problem. Lets say I had an objective of having a more fulfilled or interesting life. My usual approach would be like interesting life = meeting new people= attending interesting events. After I d go out find 10 events, line them for the entire week and make a to do list that I am supposed to attend them and if I didn't id feel bad. This obsession is so bad that it can turn what was supposed to be fun stuff into work.

However, I think I have found the missing link. It is to take things Slow. When you move slow, life moves slow with you as well. I remember I had a friend who once gave me the example of rabbit and tortoise. He said rabbits move fast, run, jump do everything else yet they can live only up to 10 years at best. Tortoises do nothing move very slow and stay present with every moment of their lives and they can live up to 350 years. (P.S. I don't fully agree with him)


Fulfillment is not always about how many events you attend or how many actions you take. One fulfilled action is capable to color your entire. Living the life is more important than chasing it...
Some conscious action is needed thou. You cant go home, sit doing nothing and say I am fully present, why my life doesn't get any more fun or why don't i feel those happy emotions. In order to Enjoy life more we gotta open the doors of the opportunities and then have fun with what it gives us.

Btw, I have started the Success diary recently and it is really helpful. Take a notebook and write down all the positive things that have happened to you. Make notice of the even smallest things that make you feel good.

I am really grateful to have meet all those people who add colors to my life. Until tomorrow! "_"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 23: GRE Vocabulary, Success Journal, Kick-Boxing, Balance of life

Learning new words has been something I never enjoyed. The idea of having to write a vocabulary, and memorize words always irritated me. How...