Sunday, September 22, 2019

Day 11 What would I advise my younger self

It is currently 7:23 PM in the evening of Sunday. I am rushing through this blog post in order not to fail my daily challenge of posting a blog post a day. Sundays, I usually film, edit and publish a Youtube video and I just managed to finish todays video while I was out with my friends. It can be difficult to find a place with a solid wifi connection.

I will keep this blog post short as I shared most of what I am going to say in this letter in my Youtube video.

The single best I advice I would give to my Younger self is to focus on the Self Image instead of thinking about What to do or How to do things. Take your time to build the character of a self disciplined, motivated and hungry for life person.

How many times have you promised yourself that you are going to wake up early and gave up? How many times did u set a goal that you will start going to gym and failed to do so? How many times did you decide that you will start reading more, not waste time and take more action?

Bruce Lee once said "No one can be defeated unless he or she accepts the defeat". Some of us give up on life accepting the fact that they are lazy, tired, not confident, not smart or not successful enough. Confidence, Productivity and High Achievement all are skills that can be learnt. If you try hard enough all of these personality traits can be easily sculpted into you.

Do this exercise with me now: Take a peace of paper and a pen and write down the main characteristics of a person you would like to see yourself in future.

If you are Hungry for Success the first thing that you must do is to imagine the version of you who is already at that place where you want to get. Then do everything to own and incorporate the habits of that successful You into your daily life. This is called projecting the future before it actually happens...

This is the main reason I started doing these 30 day challenges. I am working on building the character of a highly disciplined person who keeps his promises to himself and always finishes what he started.

Our lives, our destiny and our future is in our own hands. The decisions that we make today determines who we become tomorrow. Do not give up on yourself. As long as you have the clear mental image of who you ought to be, you will be that person.

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 23: GRE Vocabulary, Success Journal, Kick-Boxing, Balance of life

Learning new words has been something I never enjoyed. The idea of having to write a vocabulary, and memorize words always irritated me. How...