Thursday, September 26, 2019

Day 16: New Mantra, Positive affirmations, Napoleon Hill

How often do you do positive affirmations? Do you think they are effective? I think they might be useful when you align them with your goals. If thoughts, intention and focus matter that much, then creating the right mindset is equally important as well.

I have been trying to repeat this mantra that I learned from Mark Fishers "Instant Millionaire". It says "I become better each day, everywhere and in everything I do". This mantra instantly reminds me that there are only 2 possible outcomes in every situations.

They are: 1) You either Succeed or 2) You learn.  Its a very healthy approach as it allows you to take things easier and not fall pray to your mind created imagining reality of making things more difficult than they actually are. You don't have to fight or react to every problem and situation. The surprising fact is sometimes when you let go the situation it resolves itself and after a while you realize that it was not that big of a deal as I thought it was. So it is important to shift your focus from the fighter mode to the mode of learning, improving and becoming better from every situation.

I quickly want to go through the achievement formula here. The first step to succeed in any venture is to set clear goals. I would like to remind you quickly about the SMART goals formula:

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Relevant
Time-bound

Example: You want to start gym and get in good shape that you've been dreaming of for a while. It would be ineffective if you say: "I go to gym because I want to get in shape."
You have to be specific. "My goal is to loose fat or gain muscle weight?"
Be measurable: "My goal is to loose/gain 10 kg of fat or 10 kg of muscle?
Time bound: "My goal is to loose 10kg fat gain 10 kg of muscle in 3 month"
Achievable: Dont set impossible goals. You cant put on 50 kg muscle in a month.
Relevant: You goals should be aligned with your greater goal, ambition and life purpose. It has to lead you somewhere.

Once you set a goal you can use hills formula. GOALS+Burning Desire+Faith. I think Faith is equally important. One has to believe that he will achieve his goal before he gets there. In other words "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve."


I will keep this letter short. Just dont forget to do the mantra. "Each day I become better everywhere and in everything I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 23: GRE Vocabulary, Success Journal, Kick-Boxing, Balance of life

Learning new words has been something I never enjoyed. The idea of having to write a vocabulary, and memorize words always irritated me. How...