Sunday, September 15, 2019

Day 4. Back to filming Youtube videos with productivity series...

Saturday September 14. Woke up early and felt the urge to start doing what I have been procrastinating for a very long time. It was filming videos for YouTube.

As any positive action I needed to start the night before. So I started learning everything about something that I have never done before. It was Scripting Vidoes. I found out that it could save a lot of time if you at least had a rough idea on what your going to film about and I sat down wrote an outline what I planned to do the next day.

The new type of videos that I will be trying to post will be Vlogs where I will do my best to speak less and to show more because we all can imagine ourselves as the most productive dudes and gals out there when we talk. However, authentically showing what you are actually doing during the day is really hard. Its challenging in 2 ways. First, I never before realized that I am missing so many filmin making skills. I can't even make the basic transitions and no need to even mention about the editing part ( but I will learn eventually). Second, I would say the most important one, is how hard it is to stay focused on your tasks, life, trainings and film at the same time. Whenever I watch popular youtubers it seems so flowing, however, in fact it is a full time job and takes so much effort to film just few fragments that you may even skip while watching. :)

At first when I finished making the video, I understood that it wasnt the way I thought it would be and I was disappointed. I decided to give it some thought on what I want to do with youtube, weather to post it or not at all. I waited till Sunday, September 15 and the first thing in the morning that I woke up I jumped into editing for 4 hours and managed to create something that doesnt look that aweful. I guess I always suffered from a bit of self criticism. What I know for sure is nothing is supposed to be perfect. Sometimes its the imperfection that attracts as long as you dont stay satisfied and keep on working and improving each day... 

Practice is what makes thing perfect... I am just about to post Saturdays video. To get more comfortable with filming vlogs and lifestyle videos I am practicing making another one as I am finishing up this blog right now... Its all about challenges at these series where at the beginning of each video I share my to do list composed of 5 things and show you how I finish each of them. Check out the full video: https://youtu.be/OtnNBh-peRk

Finally, I would really appreciate if you could share your thoughts on how you think i could improve the qualities of the video and the content and what should i add to make it more interesting. Cheers and see you tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 23: GRE Vocabulary, Success Journal, Kick-Boxing, Balance of life

Learning new words has been something I never enjoyed. The idea of having to write a vocabulary, and memorize words always irritated me. How...