Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Day 1. Overcoming my biggest fear

I guess it is in all of us. We all fear exposing our selves to others, revealing our true selves scared to be judged by many...

I know I haven't been posting my fancy international relations articles for at least past 3 years. In fact I started this blog back when I was doing my bachelors degree at Baku State University. It looked good and all professional back then. Life conditions changed zillion times since.

I always had passion for teaching and impacting the lives of many. What made me the most happy was seeing with my own eyes how someones life changed because of something I gave him or her. For a certain period I did youtube videos, sharing my views on self improvement and personal development portraying all that fancy and cool young professor image. However, you probably already know that people share their best sides only. The real question is how much courage have we got to share the imperfection within us the true us? The struggle the challenge and million failures that we go through in order to achieve something... The thing is that I like setting goals, challenging myself and working on them. The truth is, however, I don't always succeed. I fail as many do million times before I complete just 1% of the goals I ve set. 

Never-less, today I decided start a new challenge which is to share 30 blogposts where I will write all about my day, what goes through my head, plans, aspirations, dreams and what I learned that day. The goal is to be as transparent as possible and tackle my main fear which is the imperfect me. The truth of the matter is that my days are not always exploding with productivity that ive been preaching and talking so loudly about. Quite contrary the past 2 weeks I ve been suffering with inactivity. Looking back, i am thinking that I am getting old... What I fear most is that I might event die without having the chance of living and building the life I want because I was afraid of doing, because I waited for the perfect moment and it never came...

It is the life without fear of expressing yourself that I dream of. The life where you dont fake a smile, pretend that you like everyone, where you are not afraid to speak loud enough without fearing that you might offend someone, where you dont wait for the perfect moment to start doing something but you go and grab it by the ear and so on. The only way to do so, is to eliminate the fear. One a time. The good thing is that I have hope and I know that if I start living my life as fulfilled as if its the last three month then I can and I will be able to break free of the self constraint that most of us are suffering from. Even though we may sometimes not even know about it. Who knows, maybe soon enough I will restart the Youtube as well (Thats the grand plan). Writing, however, is something that gives a different kind of joy and mental clarity when you do it properly. I already see a future building in front of my eyes where I publish a book alongside creating quality content on the Youtube platform. Thats it for today. Lets save something left for tomorrow... Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 23: GRE Vocabulary, Success Journal, Kick-Boxing, Balance of life

Learning new words has been something I never enjoyed. The idea of having to write a vocabulary, and memorize words always irritated me. How...